The following rules are in affect for the 2018 tournament in addition to 2017’s edition
(KZNRU Rules & Regulations 2017):
Reversion: Knock Out Competition
- A player shall be promoted from one knockout competition to another, but may not be demoted from one knockout competition to a lower one, unless both teams are playing on the same day. A Club that has qualified for the Knockout competition may not use any players who have played the two previous league games in a higher division.This rule will not apply in the case of a player who has replaced a provincial player who has been involved in Provincial Commitments.
- Only players who have played three (3) League matches for a Club may represent the Club in a Knockout Competition. Sub – Unions and Presidents to assist in this regard.
The Procedures to be followed in respect of the Hollywoodbets Murray Cup
- In the event of both teams tied after 80 minutes,then extra 10 minutes each way shall be played ( extra time ).
- If the scores are still level after extra time then the team scoring the greater number of tries shall be determined the winner.
- If the try count does not determine a winner, then the match shall enter into a Sudden Death with the team scoring the first points, being declared the winner.
RULES CHANGES FOR THE 2018 HOLLYWOODBETS MURRAY CUP COMPETITION :
- No kicking outside of your own 22m for the first 10 minutes of each half;
- Tries scored under the poles do not require a conversion (automatic 7 points);
- Conversions must be taken within 30 seconds;
- One strategic break per half, meaning there will be four 20 minutes quarters to the game;
- Each squad will comprise of 25 players.