Hollywoodbets Murray Cup 2019 Knock – Out Competition Rules
The procedure to be followed in respect of all knock out games which ends in a draw is as follows (Excluding the Murray Cup Final):
- Extra time 10 minutes each way to be played
- If the scores are still level after extra time then the team scoring the greater amount of tries shall be declared the winner
- In the event of both teams scoring the same amount of tries then the match shall be awarded to the team scoring the most tries in the previous match of the specific competition.
- If the try counts in the previous matches are the same, then the team with the higher point’s differential will be declared the winner.
- Finally should point’s differential in previous matches be the same or should there be NO previous matches, then the team that scored the First TRY, in that match shall be declared the winner. (If no tries then the first points that are scored in that game).
Reversion: Knock Out Competition
- A player shall be promoted from one knockout competition to another, but may not be demoted from one knockout competition to a lower one, unless both teams are playing on the same day. A Club that has qualified for the Knockout competition may not use any players who have played the two previous league games in a higher division . This rule will not apply in the case of a player who has replaced a provincial player who has been involved in Provincial Commitments.
- Only players who have played three (3) League matches for a Club may represent the Club in a Knockout Competition. Sub – Unions and Presidents to assist in this regard.
- Sharks Contracted Players released to clubs for game time are exempt from the rule and are allowed to play.
The Procedures to be followed in respect of the Hollywoodbets Murray Cup Final:
- In the event of both teams tied after 80 minutes , then extra 10 minutes each way shall be played ( extra time ) .
- If the scores are still level after extra time then there will be a Kick OFF
RULES CHANGES FOR THE 2019 HOLLYWOODBETS MURRAY CUP COMPETITION:
- No kicking outside of your own 22 meter for the first 10 minutes in each half .
- Tries scored under the poles do not require a conversion ( automatic 7 points )
- Conversion must be taken within 30 seconds
- One Strategic break per half , meaning there will be four 20 minutes quarters to the game
- Each squad will comprise of 25 players.
- Teams consist of 25- man squads with 6 front row players consisting of two (2) suitably trained loose – heads , hookers and tight – heads
- Rolling subs will be in place where teams can make up to a total of 12 substitutions
- Penalties and Free Kicks are exempt from the No kicking Rule